Preventative Roofing Maintenance in Longview
The best way to extend the life of your home’s roof is by hiring a Longview residential roofing contractor to perform full routine maintenance. A well-maintained roof can last many years past its initial warranty period, and every smart homeowner knows that pushing back roof replacement allows the owners to invest in other areas of home improvement. If you want to get the most from your roof investment, then regular roof maintenance in Longview is a smart, proactive option.
Keeping Your Residential Roof Safe and Secure
From the first day, a roof is implemented, it begins the process of aging. Some roofs age faster than others, but they all reach the point of requiring maintenance.
Your roof’s longevity is determined by Texas heat, cold, rain, snow, wind, and even more importantly by physical damage from severe weather such as hurricanes or tornadoes.
Regardless of what external factors cause your roof to age, ongoing roof maintenance will yield long-term savings by extending the roof system’s life, regardless of who did the original installation.
What’s Involved in Roof Maintenance?
Good question! Preventative Maintenance consists of an annual or biannual roof inspection and continuous repair as needed. `Roof care may include, but is not limited to:
• Inspections of the field of roof, penetrations, skylights, flashings, drains, gutter systems, downspouts, coping caps, lap seams, and T seams.
• Removal of debris from the roof surface, gutters, leaders, and drain areas.
• Service of minor defects discovered during the as the residential roofing contractor recommends.
• Submittal of a written inspection statement detailing the type of roof, decking, and any deficiencies which may need to be addressed.
Keeping Your Warranty Requirements Updates
Longview Homeowners and should execute a scheduled roof inspection and maintenance program with their roofing contractor. Properly developed and implemented, a roof inspection and maintenance program can protect your home investments, and also reduce major repair costs over the long term.
Also, manufacturer’s warranties require commitments from the homeowner to keep the warranty in effect. These obligations include regular maintenance of the roofing system, semi-annual or annual inspections, and record-keeping of repairs and inspections. Failure to do so may result in the manufacturer terminating the warranty.
The Main Areas to Monitor on Your Roof
Most roof problems occur in joints, transitions, or penetration points. These are areas of residential your roofing system where structural sections meet. Such items may include a wall, a chimney, dryer vents, rooftop air conditioning units, or another portion of the roof. Preventative Maintenance helps you maintain these areas to avoid premature aging. Routine Care and maintenance help you eliminate the challenges you will face in these troublesome spots and save you a lot of money in repairs down the road.
Leaks and Water Damage
One of the main reasons you should have your roof inspected and maintained on a regular basis is because of the potential for water damage which can spread quickly throughout your house. Most homeowners have no idea their roof is leaking until the water has affected the ceiling, walls, and wood framework of the home. Preventative maintenance ensures that your roof is water and air-tight gives you the protection you need.
About Longview Texas
Longview is a large, metropolitan city in east Texas. Located in Gregg County, Longview is about 127 miles southeast of Dallas. Longview is the forty-fifth largest city in the state of Texas. Known for its numerous historical landmarks and traditional Texas appeal, the city’s motto is fittingly known as, “Real East Texas.” For more information about the city, click here.
- Population: approximately 82,000
- Longitude/latitude: 32°30’33”N 94°45’14”W
- Zip codes: 75601-75606
- S. Highway 80 runs east-west through the city, while U.S. Highway 259 cuts through the eastern side of town.
- The best place to stay in Longview is the Staybridge Suites Longview, a casual 4-star hotel located on North Fourth Street.
- The East Texas Regional Airport, located at 269 Terminal Circle, is the nearest regional airport in Longview. The nearest international airport is the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, located at 2400 Aviation Drive about 140 miles west of Longview.
Longview is considered the hub of East Texas outdoor recreation and leisure travel. The city is well-known for its festivals, fine dining, and historic downtown.